Well, it could have been a gorgeous experience if you have spent the past few summer weeks outside. Now, when you have that golden glow ON, most of you would like to preserve it. Hold on! We are not talking about the suntan here; we just meant that best spray tanning in OKC that you have got recently.
Today, we are here with a quick rundown that will take you through tips to maintain that tanned look for as long as possible. So, let’s get started with knowing them.
- Exfoliation is something that may come as a surprise to most of you out there. Well, chances are you might be quite correct with thinking about those harsh cleansers or exfoliating tools that can nimbly strip off that golden glow in a matter of seconds. However, using a milder formula will never hurt. Rather, it will boost the skin cells to regenerate hydrating oils while preserving the tanned glow.
- Waxing ! Aah! The first thing that may come to your mind could be that waxing could also remove the tanned effect. Well, you are absolutely right here. Even products with glycolic and salicylic acid could also do the same thing. So, make sure to choose your daily skincare range carefully; otherwise, you may end up losing that bronzed look within a couple of minutes.
- Consuming a proper diet also plays an important role. What matters more than a balanced diet is to avoid a few foods and to start having foods with a higher amount of antioxidants. For instance, Beta Carotene has many benefits from supporting healthy skin to maintain its natural layers. Munch on carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, broccoli, romaine lettuce, cantaloupe, red bell peppers, apricots, and butternut squash to keep that golden glow on for weeks and weeks.
- Hot showers are meant to relieve muscle strains or achy muscles after a busy work schedule or an intense workout session, but the truth is that your tanned skin may not like it that much. The reason is that the skin loses moisture quickly while removing the tan effect. We bet you won’t love to say goodbye to your gorgeous tan this way. Ultimately, being on the side of the cool showers may save your turn for a few more weeks. Make sure to use a gentle moisturizing body wash instead of a harsh soap.
- Self-tanning. This term and practice may sound easier to you. In fact, the truth is that it doesn’t always turn out that well. So, why not let expert technicians take care of it. Head to a premium salon offering quality spray tanning in OKC instead of looking like an orange. Many salons use organic formulas that not only moisturize but also keep skin’s natural oils locked in.
- Last but not least, moisturize well. With this, applying a quality SPF cream is a great idea. You can use shea butter to avoid that nasty peeling feeling. Drink enough water to moisturize on the inside.
We hope that these handy tips will definitely help you preserve that glorious summer tan longer than you normally expect.